I'm holding Ri-tu during Relief Society (pronounced: Riiiiiii *roll the tongue* - tooo) - our Bishop's beautiful daughter
Jan. 2012 - Welcome the New Year
One of my high school girlfriends recently posed the question to me... "Where have all the years gone?" We are in a new season of our lives now - sometimes called "the autumn of life." I hope this season will continue to be full and rich and full of meaningful experiences. Spending time with family means so much, meeting new and wonderful people is a blessing and service to others brings true satisfaction. I plan to make this season very rich and wonderful - just like the springs and summers that have evaporated into thin air. Two thousand twelve sounds very old but I have walked in places where Christ
walked about 2,000 years ago, I have seen ancient Greece and other amazing places like the Great Wall of China, Red Square and ancient Mayan ruins. They are OLD places - but charming and interesting. Everything is supposed to get better with time - or so they say - and I actually think that growing up and getting wrinkled and feeble is really OK. I'll probably never be charming but maybe I can be "interesting." I want to get better with time too - polished. That is why I'm here in So. Africa. There are a lot of lessons and experiences yet in store and I don't want to waste a moment in figuring things out.
No comments:
Post a Comment