Like most people, I have lots of errands each day - like grocery shopping, laundry and mailing packages. Here I am at the post office. This cute little girl in front of me was nervous when I pulled out a camera but I had to take her picture. I never get used to seeing moms carry little kids on their backs or carry baskets on their heads. Isn't she beautiful?
This was one of the nice young ladies from Kenya at the African market. Most of the market does not look this organized, neat and tidy!

When we first arrived here, I posted a blog about our former missionary from the Missouri Independence Mission - Elder Slater - who is from Johannesburg and whom we met here working at the Area Office. We recently enjoyed having him and his family over for a Saturday lunch. Jeff is holding little baby Kamogelo. This is his pretty wife Porsche and their other son is Tumelo.
We enjoyed their visit and look forward to seeing lots of them while we live here. Both parents are in school and Lerato is also working at the Area Office. They are busy people. It takes them about 45 minutes to take transportation from their home to ours.
They are a darling family and it reminded me of our kids and their little families.
Slater Family - Lerato, Porsche, Tumelo and Kamogelo
The drive to church -
When we go to church each week, we drive through a very rough part of town where white people don't really go. Normally, we keep the camera in the boot (the trunk) but I happened to have it in my pocket one day and snapped a few shots. I can't quite capture the poverty in this area but one day I will. Here is a sample:
Under this bridge, you usually see people hanging out, sleeping, eating and building fires. There is a lot of trash under the bridge. It is a one-way road with no place to stop so it is
This was one of the nice young ladies from Kenya at the African market. Most of the market does not look this organized, neat and tidy!
When we first arrived here, I posted a blog about our former missionary from the Missouri Independence Mission - Elder Slater - who is from Johannesburg and whom we met here working at the Area Office. We recently enjoyed having him and his family over for a Saturday lunch. Jeff is holding little baby Kamogelo. This is his pretty wife Porsche and their other son is Tumelo.
We enjoyed their visit and look forward to seeing lots of them while we live here. Both parents are in school and Lerato is also working at the Area Office. They are busy people. It takes them about 45 minutes to take transportation from their home to ours.
They are a darling family and it reminded me of our kids and their little families.
Slater Family - Lerato, Porsche, Tumelo and Kamogelo
The drive to church -
When we go to church each week, we drive through a very rough part of town where white people don't really go. Normally, we keep the camera in the boot (the trunk) but I happened to have it in my pocket one day and snapped a few shots. I can't quite capture the poverty in this area but one day I will. Here is a sample:
hard to get good pictures.
Our neighborhood...
Here is some of the graffiti on a wall of a soccer field at Vitts University across the street from where we live at the Temple ground complex.
This is our beautiful street - Jubilee Road
.....with the huge Jacaranda trees hanging gracefully overhead. The entrance to the Temple and to our home is right about where the white diamond sign is on the left. I love this sight every time I see it.
This is the entrance into the Temple parking and to where we live and this is our address. It is the first of three gates in this Area complex and a guard is posted there round the clock. Further down the drive at the end is another guard post and the second gate letting us further into the complex. There is also a third gate to allow us into our home which has two locked front doors and our own locked front door.
This was a recent FHE night at a couple's apartment where Sister Lynnette Cook was the speaker.
The missionary couples live in a building called Duke's Court. It is located about 3 kilometers away. What a wonderful bunch of people to associate with. They are happy, talented and interesting people who love to serve and love the Lord. We love all of them.
Here is some of the graffiti on a wall of a soccer field at Vitts University across the street from where we live at the Temple ground complex.
This is our beautiful street - Jubilee Road
.....with the huge Jacaranda trees hanging gracefully overhead. The entrance to the Temple and to our home is right about where the white diamond sign is on the left. I love this sight every time I see it.
This was a recent FHE night at a couple's apartment where Sister Lynnette Cook was the speaker.
The missionary couples live in a building called Duke's Court. It is located about 3 kilometers away. What a wonderful bunch of people to associate with. They are happy, talented and interesting people who love to serve and love the Lord. We love all of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment